Friday 16 May 2008

reading all over the place.....

Yes, I must admit I have been neglecting the blog lately on the grounds that I can't seem to settle to any one book these days. I took a Sophie Konsella with me to Glasgow last month as it wasn't too demanding and it kept me laughing on the plane, even when we hit fairly severe turbulence which would probably have had me screaming otherwise!
My bedtime book at the moment is James Hilton's Lost Horizon. Sadly,the only reason I am reading this is because it's supposed to be the original inspiration for the TV series Lost,so I'm looking for deeper meanings and explanations! So far I haven't found any,but it's actually a really good read and I should finish it this weekend. Then I'll be reading some Patricia Highsmith - I'm not sure which one to choose as I have two set aside,but I'll no doubt find something to speak about at the next Bookgroup meeting. Oh,and I'm also reading a book on how to clean your entire house in 15 minutes -yeah,that'll be right!

No comments: