Monday 13 August 2007

Can't keep up!

With the reading or the blogging! Meant to do this days ago but where does the time go? I have to admit I'm currently reading 'Harry Potter' whilst waiting for 'An Unfinished Life' to arrive from Amazon.
Lately I've been reading lots of horsey books having jsut acquired a horse after an absence of a couple of years. I've jsut finished a lovely book called 'Horses Never Lie' a 'how to' book rather than a story, but very good. By Mark Rashid,it is based on the horse whispering theory which is becoming increasingly popular among horse owners nowadays. It certainly got me thinking and I guess it had an effect in that I did start to think diferently about one or two of the pre-conceptions I've held about horses for many years.
But enough of that, the latest Harry Potter doesn't seem to have the same continuity as the other books and I get a real feeling that old JK just couldn't wait to get to the end and be shot of the whole caboodle so that she can finally rest on her (no doubt gold plated) laurels. All a bit of an anti-climax really.
I wish the Mark Spragg would hurry up and arrive.

3 comments:

Aileen said...

I'm with you on the horse books LS, I was completely addicted to them when I was a teenager although I haven't really read any for a while. But I can't agree about Harry Potter, I'm afraid JK can do no wrong in my eyes. Now I'm planning to read the whole lot again .. after the booker prize and wordplay maybe.

Smucks said...

Have to say I agree with Aileen. I thought that the final Harry Potter tied all the other books together really well.
Thought JK did a great job.

Karen said...

I'm reading HP at a furious pace to get finished before hols and although Deathly Hallows isn't the most elegant book in the world I'm liking the pace and excitement and the fact that she's chucking everything and everyone from previous books back into the mix. Less than 100 pages to go!