Thursday 6 September 2007

Bookermania without books...

High excitment! The Man Booker Shortlist is announced.
High irritation: hardly any library copies have arrived yet, so my plan of having a short-loan frenzy for folk who wanted to read the six books before the prize is announced has all gone damp squib-like. (hoping some will be here in a few days...)
Don't you wish we were reading them all again this year? If you navigate your way to the 'debate' section of the website you should find that this year's chosen groups have started blogging already. I guess they'll all be dancing on the streets of Piccadilly tonight...
On other matters, grappling with Kevin McNeill and not sure whether to like him or not, shall finish him off tonight and prepare to debate the finer points of the Gaelic language with Morag.

1 comment:

Aileen said...

I kind of wish I was reading all the shortlist again but it was quite exhausting. I might have a go at reading a few of them. I never managed all of them last year either, but there were a couple that just didn't appeal to me. Maybe I should just order them off Amazon.