Sunday 30 September 2007

It's driving me to the Bible!

Red Tent was a jolly good read, and now I feel obliged to go and read the book of Genesis. Shame on me, I don't think I have a bible anywhere in the house, though I assume we must have one in the library.
I was moved by the poignant tale of Laura's lost books, though I have to say I kind of deliberately try not to collect too many books due to lack of space and aversion to dusting. When I first worked at the library and got first crack at all the withdrawn stock, I used to go off home with armfuls of the things, till a couple of years later I realised they were just sitting there and I never read them. I work in a library, for goodness sake, I don't need to fill my house with books too. So I dragged them all back to the library and stuck them on the 10p shelf, where the y got doubly recycled. There are probably a couple of shelves of my books I wouldn't let go, and don't trust the library to hold in trust for me - they are mainly George Orwell, Arthur Koestler and Dervla Murphy, plus some cherished cookery books.

No comments: