Thursday 4 October 2007

Holiday reading

Oi, someone else write something on this blog, its turning into my own sad diary! Just off on holiday, taking Ian Rankin with me - Black and Blue, the one where he comes to Shetland. Never read any of his books before, believe it or not, and it's very good I have to say, think he still holds his own against most of the tartan noir brigade. Also taking Salman Rushdie with me, just in case I've to spend a long time in airports.
Apart from that, I did of course read a bit of the Bible, which was interesting! And managed to read another of the Bookler shortlist books, which have come into the library at a really miserable trickle - The Reluctant Fundamentalist - really liked it, topical and menacing, oh and short too which is always a bonus. Been glancing at what this year's Booker book groups are making of the selection and they seem to like Mr Pip a lot, and find The Gathering utterly miserable. Bye for now!

1 comment:

Aileen said...

Please don't make us read the bible for our next book. I will just cry.