Tuesday 16 October 2007

Literary fatigue

I seem to have developed some kind of terrible medical condition which is preventing me from finishing any book I am reading. I couldn't get into Venus as a Boy at all, then I started reading Iain Banks' The Steep Approach to Garbadale, which is good but it's taking me ages to read, now I have managed to get hold of the Red Tent so I am hoping that this will cure me of my current Chronic Reading Fatigue. First impressions are good anyway so here's hoping.

By the way, has anyone read Ian McEwan's Atonement? I am thinking this might be a good book group film trip/read as it is on in the Garrison next month. I saw it in Glasgow last month and it was pretty good. Although I can't approve of what Keira Knightley and James McAvoy were doing to the bookshelves in the library.

No comments: