Saturday 20 October 2007

What next?

You would think that during a two week break I would have managed to get through at least some of my bedside book collection,but no. I have read magazines,newspapers and watched daytime TV,not to mention a lot of evening TV. I have been down to Aberdeen and onwards to Glasgow and Edinburgh,and still nothing more intellectually challenging than Puzzle Monthly to pass the time! Still,we did win the pub quiz in Frankenstein's on Tuesday night,despite there being absolutely no literature questions for me to show off with!
OK,I am going to pick up a book this weekend -the third Denise Mina in the Garnethill trilogy - if only to find out what happens to everyone, and then that's me right off crime for the rest of the year. Think I'll move onto humour -it seems ages since I read a book which made me laugh out loud so any suggestions would be welcomed.

1 comment:

Aileen said...

I think the funniest books in the world are by Douglas Adams, especially Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Just don't read them on public transport or you'll get funny looks.